The National Media Awards Foundation (NMAF) is seeking a Programming & Publicity Intern to join its dynamic team in Toronto. A bilingual charity dedicated to promoting excellence in journalism and visual creation, the NMAF produces three awards programs annually: the National Magazine Awards, the Digital Publishing Awards and the National Magazine Awards: B2B.
Terms and Remuneration: November 21, 2022-June 30, 2023. On average, 25 hours per week. $16/hour. Most work is done remotely.
Description: This role provides a unique opportunity to help promote the work of Canada’s best creators and shape the Canadian magazine industry’s most prestigious awards programs. The ideal candidate will have a background in communications and marketing, some knowledge of the Canadian magazine industry, and the ability to engage audiences through social media and other communications outlets.
Reporting to and working in consultation with the NMAF Executive Director and the Programming & Publicity Coordinator, the Programming & Publicity Intern will:
- Assist with the judging process, including scheduling and moderating conference calls, collecting scores, etc.;
- Respond to requests for information from stakeholders;
- Write, edit, and/or proofread various communications materials, including newsletters, press releases, gala programs and show scripts;
- Assist with writing and curating content for the NMAF websites using WordPress;
- Assist with the production of the awards shows and other special events;
- Assist with ongoing projects to support the NMAF and its initiatives;
- Attend staff meetings and other events as required.
- Pursuing or recently completed a post-secondary degree in communications, journalism, publishing, digital marketing, public relations, or a similar field;
- Strong writing, editing, and organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently and on-deadline with goal-oriented projects;
- Career aspirations in the Canadian magazine/digital media industry;
- Some familiarity with the Canadian magazine/digital media industry;
- Strong interest in fulfilling the mandate and vision of the NMAF;
- Bilingualism (French & English) is an asset.
- Gain practical experience in communications, social media, publicity, administration, event planning, writing, editing, and non-profit organization management;
- Play an integral role in the execution of NMAF projects and events;
- Make a great first impression on writers, editors, publishers, and other people in the industry;
- Enhance your knowledge of the Canadian magazine publishing industry by working with and learning from NMAF staff, board members, and industry leaders;
- Participate in three of the most important industry events in Canadian media: the National Magazine Awards Gala, the Digital Publishing Awards Soirée, and the National Magazine Awards: B2B Luncheon.
How to Apply:
Please send your resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 4, 2022, referencing the job title in the subject line.